Petros Training Programmes
1 in 4 of us will experience some kind of mental health difficulty in our lives
Many of us feel that we lack knowledge and understanding of what mental health and distress actually means and this can lead to anxiety about engaging and dealing with those who have a mental health condition.
This awareness session takes a practical and common sense approach, providing advice and understanding of how to recognise common mental health conditions.
You will be introduced to the essentials of mental health, consider it in the context of physical health and to normalise mental health in terms of its applicability to all of us.
The Aims of the course:
- To raise awareness and understanding of concepts of mental health and distress.
- To recognise the causes, signs and symptoms of a range of common mental health conditions.
- To contribute to Continuing Professional Development of staff.
Objectives: On completion of the session and post course reflective practice, you will:
- Understand the similarities and differences between mental health and physical health in terms of diagnosis, prognosis and cultural influences.
- Recognise the dynamics of mental health by considering it on a continuum of good to poor mental health.
- Identify factors that influence mental health.
- Be familiar with the terminology and diagnostic criteria associated with common mental health conditions.
- Be able to distinguish between fact and fiction in relation to mental health symptoms and manifestations.
- Be able to identify personal concerns regarding responding to others mental health challenges.
If you would like to book this course please get in touch!