Mental Health Awareness for Managers
Petros Training Programmes
Supporting Managers in their roles…
A common area of concern for non-specialists is how to sensitively and effectively support someone experiencing a mental health condition.
Following on from the ‘Mental Health Awareness’ workshop, Mental Health Awareness for Managers is a highly practical and interactive course that gives managers an opportunity to explore what they can do to help staff feel safe, supported and understood.
It will also offer you an opportunity to explore the HR support that is available.
The aims of the programme:
To equip you, as a manager, to have the confidence and basic skills to support, communicate and interact with staff experiencing mental health conditions and distress.
- To normalise conversations about mental health.
- To identify and practice the skills associated with having a conversation with a member of staff about their mental health.
- To learn and consolidate the skills of listening, inquiring and reflecting back.
- To use previous “Building Resilience” techniques in these conversations.
- To identify strengths and areas of vulnerability in managing these conversations.
Length: Half-day course.
If you would like to book this course, please get in touch.