Be Kind to Your Mind Core Episode Content
Episode 1: What is resilience?
• A brief look at the history of the term resilience.
• What the research tells us is and isn’t resilience.
• What psychologists think resilience is.
• How Petros describes resilience.
• The skills of resilience: how we can learn and practice resilience, especially when the chips are down.
Episode 2: Your brain and your mind – not the same thing
• How our brains process stuff – the mechanics (in brief – it’s fascinating!)
• The Resilience Cocktail (not as tasty as it sounds)
• How our minds make sense of stuff – some theories of mind (made up by psychologists, but they’re quite useful to know)
• Presence of mind vs absent mindedness
Episode 3: Emotion and intuition
• What is emotion?
•How is it generated – the link to thinking (stories)
• Where does intuition come from – the mind gut connection
• Why and how we should listen to our gut feelings
Episode 4: The physiology of emotion
• Fight flight freeze – the all-important survival response
• The physiology of feeling good (endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine etc)
• How managing our minds impacts on our body – relaxation and meditation
Episodes 5 – 9 focus on the skills that can help us build resilience
Episode 5: Emotional regulation
Top tips for managing our feelings and how to help others do the same
Episode 6: Compassion and Mindfulness
Understanding mindfulness and the importance of compassion – especially to yourself! How to become your own best friend
Episode 7: The four sights
Understanding the importance of: Insight, Foresight, Hindsight, Oversight and how all these different ways of seeing can help us keep our balance.
Episode 8: Cognitive Skills
• Consequential thinking
• Impulse Control
Additional Episodes Level 2 and 3
Episode A: Parenting Special
Understanding children’s brains and how they differ from adults. Hints and tips for helping your children build resilience and respond well to the pressure of modern childhood.
Episode B: Energy Management
According to many experts, managing our energy levels is key to performance and wellbeing. This episode looks at the four recognised domains of energy:
And how to balance expenditure and recovery in all four areas.
(Based on the work of Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz)
Episode C: Sleep
Sleep is critical to wellbeing and often the first thing that suffers when life gets tough. This episode draws together the most recent research on sleep and how to develop to good sleep habits.
Episode D: Organisational Resilience
Based on a unique and validated model, exclusive to Petros, this episode looks at the role the organisation plays in the resilience of its staff, focusing on how to maximise the culture for the benefit of everyone concerned.
Additional 1 day Training Programmes
1. Maintaining Professional Boundaries
2. The Challenge of Change™
3. MindHealth for Managers
4. Trauma Preparedness
5. Professional Style and Impact