Don’t add to your worries
AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA – it is full of fodder for horror stories!
When you need information, get it only from reputable sources.
Keep a sense of perspective
If something is worrying you:
- Ask someone else’s opinion.
- Try listing all the different ways of seeing the same situation.
- Advise yourself as you would advise a friend.
- Think about how you might see the situation if you weren’t involved in it.
- Thank about how you might see the situation looking back on it in six months’ time.
All these techniques can help us keep our balance.
Follow official guidance to minimise risk
As frontline staff you are used to that – you are already very experienced at risk assessment and risk management.